Saturday, July 9, 2011



Book Review #1216
Hound Dog True by Linda Urban
Rating: two stars (out of four)

I loved the beginning of this story. The smooth and slow style of the narration felt like books I had read before and loved. I didn't care for the rest of the story though. It was like something was missing, or that the book wasn't going deep enough. I felt like the story only skimmed the surface of Mattie's emotions and depth. I wanted more, but the story just ended after giving the reader a quick taste.

It was really short. I think I read the entire book in 45 minutes. The characters were spunky and life-like, I just didn't think they were developed enough for the kind of story I was anticipating. I loved the vocabulary of Uncle Potluck. I could kind of glimpse what the author was going for with her story, but she didn't reach it. It was a little bit of a letdown. I probably wouldn't recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment